Our featured fan is Jim Weisbeck, who was our November S.W.E.L.L. prize winner. Jim walked away with four movie tickets. He shares,
“Thanks for the movie passes! I’ve included a few pictures. The first one is my son and I on a recent trip to Alaska, on top of a small mountain we climbed in Denali park. I am the one in blue. The next one is me blowing out the candles on my most recent birthday. Note the 7 candles. Unfortunately each one represents 10 years. Actually I think I am at least 10 years old, not 7.”
• Hometown… Originally Alden, NY. Then off to college at Cornell Univ, Ithaca, NY; then Medina, NY; then Lima, NY; then White Plains, NY; then Lafayette, IN.; then Fulton, NY and then Bloomfield, NY where I still live. I spent 30 years with General Foods and moved around a bit. Now I run a 330 acre cemetery. The cemetery or its permanent residents don’t move much.
• My biggest dream… To always be happy with good friends, good health and few worries.
• My inspiration… My Dad, of course, and Sister Aloysia. Sister Aloysia was a Franciscan nun who taught science, math and some languages in high school. Her motto was imply “aim high.” A great teacher who believed there was good in everyone and motivated them (somehow) to let it out.
• One way I stay childlike is… to smile a lot, laugh at life’s woes and associate with only fun people. Once we had seminar at work where we took a test and the scores placed us as beavers, bears, lions or otters. Myself and my three closest friends were otters. Playful, always busy and always wanting to be happy and have fun.
• What I know so far… is that the older I get, the more I don’t know (The older I get the stupider I get?), or is it I get too soon old and too late smart.
• My favorite thing about “Kim and Jason” is… they have a great concept that is the answer to all the world’s and peoples’ problems. Now as soon as we can convince the world to realize it… and practice it, wow, what a great world it would be!