Our most recent featured fan is Diane Crotty, who was our December S.W.E.L.L. prize winner. Diane won a holiday candy bar cake. She shares,
Thanks again for the fun treat cake. We had a great time eating it! Here is a picture of my granddaughter Makenna and me in my backyard.
• Hometown… Since we moved several times when I was growing up, I just call the Midwest my home: Iowa, Illinois, Minnesota, and Wisconsin.
• My biggest dream… My biggest dreams have been met: I have a wonderful husband of 28 years, two children and their spouses, all of whom I love and am so proud, and three grandchildren that I get to see anytime I want! I love my job of 20+ years—teaching literature and composition to college-age “kids.” I do dream about writing a book someday.
• My inspiration… is Jesus Christ. I pattern my life after Him.
• When I was a kid… I loved to sit outside somewhere and read…and read and read and read.
• One way I stay childlike is… to play with my grandkids instead of just babysit them. We have a great time whether we’re making snowangels (like last week) or playdough cookies (also last week!). Being outside as much as possible—even when I have to bundle up—is another way. I made a snowdragon this morning.
• What I know so far… is that PEOPLE MATTER; THINGS DON’T. My goal in life is to make everyone I come in contact with feel special.
• My favorite thing about “Kim and Jason” is… the whole idea of escaping adulthood, but I also like how personal they are with each fan/customer and I LOVE shopping at The Lemonade Stand. (I can’t wait to try my keychain kite!)