In this episode, brought to you from studio 203 in Madison, Wisconsin, we interview Fr. Dave Timmerman, a Catholic priest, about the importance of keeping a childlike faith, and we ask him what was the weirdest thing he ever believed about God. We also discuss differences between being childlike and childish, hot air balloon rides, and ideas on coping with stress.
• Faith Can Help People Cope with Stress (Tuscaloosa News)
• Childlike vs. Childish (by Neil Whitaker)
• Father Dave Timmerman is a Catholic priest and pastor of both St. Andrew’s in Verona as well as St. William in Paoli, WI. He is getting ready to celebrate his 20th year as a priest, celebrating the anniversary of his ordination on May 28th. He loves animals, and lives with a 12 year old golden retriever named Gatsby. He also enjoys movies, music and traveling.
• Get more ideas for escaping adulthood — watch the latest episodes of Escape Plan TV.
• Check out our cool thing this month, “Children’s Letters to God” by Stuart Hample and Eric Marsh.
Win Stuff: Linda Westphal-Buth won a $20 gift certificate to the Lemonade Stand for answering the question, “What’s your favorite way to have fun at work?” You can win a $20 gift certificate to the Lemonade Stand by letting us know, “What is the weirdest thing you ever believed about God when you were a kid?” Leave a comment!
Show Music: Coyote Sleeps by Ethan Elkind
Show Length: 42 minutes, 46 seconds
Shout Outs: Thanks to Fr. Dave and Linda Westphal-Buth!