Today is Father’s Day. I have to say my experience of this annual holiday is a bit different this year. Living with an expectant dad has allowed me to see fatherhood through a new lens. Yep, you read that right… we’re having a baby! ETA: right around Thanksgiving. (Our Club K&J members have known about this for a few weeks.) It’s all very exciting!
Even though the baby is only about 4 inches long, Jason has shown countless fatherhood traits over the last four months. Here are ten reasons I think Jason is the best father-to-be, this Father’s Day.
1. He insists on carrying the laundry downstairs for me, so that I won’t have to lift anything heavy.
2. He makes me a fried egg every morning, to make sure I start my day with some good protein.
3. He asks really insightful questions at our appointments.
4. He encourages me to rest and nap regularly.
5. The first time I threw up in front of him, he rubbed my back and said all the right things.
6. He patiently entertained my constant baby chatter which inevitably consumed the first month.
7. He found a handful of good books to help him prepare for what’s ahead.
8. He walks way slower than his normal pace, so that I can keep up, on our regular walks.
9. He tells me I’m beautiful, even when it looks like I have a Wisconsin beer belly.
10. Every time he talks about the baby he instantly has a huge smile on his face.
I am blessed! All of this is not a surprise to me, however. Jason has had an excellent model in his own life for what an awesome dad is all about! It’s true what “they say” about the apple falling from the tree and all…
Happy Father’s Day to all of the dads and dads-to-be out there!!
Somehow I completely missed the Club K&J announcement – congratulations guys!
Jen Robinson says
You two are going to be great, great parents!! Congratulations!!
The Pear Lady says
that’s another way to keep one young, and make one old really fast. LOL
but seriously, mon congrats, K&J! :)
Akemi - Yes to Me says
Shane Deal says
Congratulations. Wonderful news. A little K&J aye?
I had a guess that might be it!
Congratulations! You’ll never be the same!!! :P
Congratulations, guys! I’m happy for your kid-to-be, he/she will have such great parents :)
Awww, how sweet. I saw a card once for an expectant Mom – it said “milk this for all it’s worth!” Sounds like Jason is milking it for you! Enjoy!
So is having a kid anything like getting to be a kid all over again?
That is SOOO sweet. Congratulations!
Megan and Ryan Hall says
Congrats! We’re so happy for you. Parenting is the best work you’ll ever do! :)
Hope all is well. We think of you often.
Wow!!! Congratulations!!! That will be one very lucky kid to have parents like you two :-)
Julianne Salem says
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! WE ARE SOOOOOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU!! YOU WILL BE GREAT PARENTS!! Enjoy EVERY minute! :-)
what an exciting time! You two have been “gifted” with such an awe, a way of looking at life with such hope and true childlike love and faith.
It will be a new adventure for you both, to see and experience this life through the eyes of your child. It will bring more layers of depth of wonder and joy that will be expressed in your own unique ways in your gifts – ala, writing, drawing, speaking, etc…
Can’t wait to see it all happen!
Congratulations! Since life begins at conception, despite what our friends on the left would like us to believe, I feel that there is no such thing as a father-to-be. Jason is as much a father today as his father. Life is a wonderful thing and your baby is very blessed to have such wonderful parents. Happy Father’s Day Jason!!! With all our love and congratulations, Carlo, Darlene, Dominic and Angelo!
Alison Whittington says
Wow, I am really behind! Congratulations! I think your child(ren) will be very very lucky to have parents like you.
french toast girl says
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥