Our featured fan is Rachelle Wester. Rachelle shared,
The first photo is of me riding in one of the mechanical rides at a mall. The second one is me picking the nose of a native at “Hell’s Gate” in British Columbia. – I’m not sure why but I tend to pick inanimate people and animals noses (I picked a huge gorilla’s nose at the Calgary International Airport).
• My hometown is… Tilley, Alberta, Canada – small village of 400 people; born a short 15 minute drive away at the nearest town’s hospital.
• My biggest dream… is to own my own small business, preferably with my sister as my partner. We have played around with many ideas: wedding rentals, small cafe, photography, and some others.
• My inspiration… my surroundings: I love to see the beauty in the little things that people rarely notice such as clouds, rocks, beads of dew on blades of grass or leaves, the close ups of flowers and textures, and many other things. I also am inspired by my younger sister who has not necessarily done a lot with her life but is still blessed and thanks God for His blessings every day.
• When I was a kid, I… liked to hang out with the adults and sit at the “adult table” at Christmas time. I also used to have a white flannel blanket that I used to have everywhere I went. It was my cape, picnic blanket, bridge, scarf, and my home. It got so tattered that it ended up being a square 3 inches by 3 inches. It was my favorite “toy”.
• One way I stay childlike is… by babysitting two little boys. They keep it real. The boys see a problem and the first thing they think of is usually the solution they try out. It sometimes works but most times require more thought. I like to stay “childlike” by listening to “Adventures in Odyssey” – a Christian children’s radio program by Focus on the Family that have been made into tapes and cds that you can purchase. I have listened to them since I was little and I would fall asleep to their tapes in my little grey and red tape player. Now, I have loaded all my newer “Adventures in Odyssey” cds into my laptop and I listen to them as I go to sleep… sounds weird but it makes me feel good.
• What I know so far… is that I will never know everything that I will need to know when I want to know it. There is always something to learn and where some things you have learned apply to the situation you are in, there are usually new and useful things you can take from that experience. I have also learned that there is no need/purpose of stress of worrying.
• My favorite things about “Kim & Jason” is… The Lemonade Stand and the comics! There can’t be just one thing. I also love the personal feel of the experience. What I mean is that when I signed up, there was a nice personal email and several after that which were just as comforting – in the sense that I felt like I was being treated as a person and friend rather than just a customer or a name. I admire a group of people who can show interest in people they’ve never met and try to accommodate those people to the best of their ability… not because they have to but because they want to!
Nice to meet you Rachel! “Escape Adulthood” rocks, doesn’t it! Cool Clifford picture, I love it! I also want to say I really like your inspirations – the small things that many of us never notice. It reminds me that there is beauty all around us, if we’ll just slow down and take the time to see it.
Thanks Lance! It’s the old saying “Stop and smell the flowers” but it’s not just smelling them, it’s watching them, seeing the colors, details, and imagining how it can be created so perfectly. So encouraging :)
Nice to meet you!
As for the second picture…Picky, picky!! :)