Lucy teaches me every single day that the simplest things can be fun, things that don’t cost any money at all. For example, good times were had recently on our deck by simply filling a bowl with water and splashing around in it. Like I said… simple things. Enjoying oneself doesn’t always have to be this big ordeal. Why not incorporate simple acts of fun into your day-to-day? Here are 17 simple and free ideas to get you started. Pick one today.
1. Crank up your favorite tunes.
2. Eat lunch outside.
3. Leave a note for someone.
4. Drink from a straw and blow bubbles.
5. Pose for a goofy photo and post it on Facebook.
6. Make a prank call to your best friend.
7. Learn a joke and share it with people throughout the day.
8. Bring a sweet treat to work to share.
9. Try to juggle.
10. Play “rock, paper, scissors” to determine who has to do the dreaded chore.
11. Add four extra tablespoons of dish soap to your sink for the evening dishes.
12. Serve a purple dinner.
13. Wear a hat.
14. Look at old pictures.
15. Carry an umbrella even though it’s not raining.
16. Put a piece of ice down someone’s back.
17. Wear a nametag.
Share your ideas in the comments.