I’m a sucker for movies that challenge me to be a better person, ones that help me remember to live each moment to the fullest. If you’re going to spend two hours of your life doing something, you might as well walk away fired up about living a richer life. Here are my top 13 picks that will leave you inspired and excited about living life more abundantly.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7Ntqg2BiVg
1. Dead Poets Society: English professor John Keating inspires his students to a love of poetry and to seize the day.
2. Young @ Heart: A story of the Young at Heart Chorus, a group of senior citizens who perform contemporary and classic rock and pop songs.
3. Yes Man: A guy challenges himself to say “yes” to everything for an entire year.
4. Peaceful Warrior: A chance encounter with a stranger changes the life of a college gymnast.
5. City of Angels: Seth, an angel watching over Los Angeles, begins finding his job difficult as he falls in love with Maggie, a beautiful heart surgeon.
6. Evan Almighty: God contacts Congressman Evan Baxter and tells him to build an ark in preparation for a great flood.
7. The Bucket List: Two terminally ill men escape from a cancer ward and head off on a road trip with a wish list of to-dos before they die.
8. Rudy: Rudy has always been told that he was too small to play college football. But he is determined to overcome the odds and fulfill his dream of playing for Notre Dame.
9. Braveheart: William Wallace, a commoner, unites the 13th Century Scots in their battle to overthrow English rule.
10. Mr. Holland’s Opus: A frustrated composer finds fulfillment as a high school music teacher.
11. Chariots of Fire: The story of two British track athletes, one a determined Jew, and the other a devout Christian who compete in the 1924 Olympics.
12. Rocky: A small time boxer gets a once in a lifetime chance to fight the heavyweight champ in a bout in which he strives to go the distance for his self-respect.
13. Frequency: An accidental cross-time radio link connects father and son across 30 years. The son tries to save his father’s life, but then must fix the consequences.
Did I miss one? What’s your favorite most inspiring movie?
Sign up to receive our free newsletter to get regular reminders and tips for stressing less and having more fun. Consider it a well-deserved jolt of happiness for your inbox.