Kim & Jason Nation is a playful group of rebels who share a joyful, indomitable childlike spirit and are not afraid to let that spirit come out to play! They’re united by a common goal of fighting Adultitis and the doo-doo heads who embrace its ideals. Quite frankly, they’re pretty much the coolest people on the planet. Here’s one right now…
• My name is… Jennifer Hartvickson (a.k.a. Mister Lemur) – It’s really fun being Mister Lemur, and also being a GIRL!
• My hometown is… Angels Camp, CA, home of the Celebrated Jumping Frog of Calaveras County (thanks for passing through Mark Twain!)
• My biggest dream…To have a TV show that inspires kids to write and use their imaginations!
• My inspiration… My husband and co-author of Mister Lemur’s Train of Thought, Hans Hartvickson. Also, my two 90+ year old grandmothers who taught me to use my head, have a good heart, and enjoy good company!
• When I was a kid, I…Watched TV upside down. Handstands were great and so was sitting upside down in a chair. Imagine it…your feet go where your head should be and your head is near the floor. Super fun! (and it drove my parents nuts!)
• My favorite childhood toy was…A bow and arrow! I would spend hours outside in search of the perfect stick. Then I’d use some yarn, straws and masking tape to make my bow and arrows. After accidentally “trimming” a branch from one of our plants, I learned to use the tape to make my arrow heads. Once I think I even got to make a quiver from an old pair of jeans!
• One way I stay childlike is…Eating my favorite foods before they cool down and continually burning my tongue. I have no patience! :-) That and I spend my days doing author talks with groups of elementary school students. I LOVE engaging the kids and “playing” with them as part of the assembly.
• What I know so far…The things you always wanted to do but never thought you would actually DO happen! The trick is you have to be willing to give something up to make room for something new. It can be scary, but I’ve always found that what’s new is better than what I left behind. Don’t ask me why it’s true…but it is. Try it! :-)
• My favorite things about “Kim & Jason” is… Just like instruments require frequent tuning, Kim and Jason provide regular reminders to have fun and act like a kid … necessary to stay “in tune” as an adult! :-)
We saved a space just for YOU in Kim & Jason Nation — join the small rebellion and sign up to become a K&J Insider today!