An Adultitis Fighter is someone who rallies against rules that don’t exist and engages in ruthless, senseless acts of silliness that undermine Adultitis and its unadventurous version of adulthood. Once a month, we shine a light upon the most remarkable among us, holding them up as a dazzling example of what we should strive for in this epic battle against a formidable enemy.
This month’s worthy recipient of this prestigious honor is Patrick Love!
In recognition of their efforts, Adultitis Fighters of the Month receive a special mini-canvas hand-painted by Jason, along with a certificate of honor, a sweet patch, and other Adultitis-Fighting tools. We asked Patrick some questions about how he fights the Big A and what advice he has for others…
What are some of your favorite ways to fight Adultitis?
* I try to find humor wherever I can, especially in work meetings.
* I love celebrating just about anything.
* I live by the motto that we do serious work (I work in higher education), but we don’t have to take ourselves so seriously.
Who or what has been the greatest influence in your own fight against Adultitis?
Really, you guys! I am surrounded by serious people. Having the W&WS (Wonder & Whimsy Society) in my life is a constant reminder to seek and create joy in life.
What is something you loved doing as a child that you still do in some form today?
I may be the world’s oldest Ultimate Frisbee player. In fact, tomorrow (Monday) evening will be my LAST post-accident milestone when I take the field to play frisbee in the 40+ pickup game up the road from me.
What is your strategy for dealing with people who are obviously infected with Adultitis?
* I try to find ways to make them laugh.
* Or I get them involved in crazy stunts.
What advice do you have for someone who is feeling overwhelmed by Adultitis?
* Meditate daily (even for 10 minutes).
* Keep a positivity journal where you add one positive thing to celebrate every day.
Anything else you’d like to share?
Keep up the good work!!
Congrats to Patrick Love, June 2021 Adultitis Fighter of the Month. Thank you for making the world more awesome!