2) 80 percent of the world’s Vanilla Bean used for ice cream is grown in Madagascar.
3) The biggest ice cream sundae ever made was 12 feet high and made with 4,667 gallons of ice cream and 7,000 pounds of toppings in Anaheim, Calif., during 1985.
4) 98 percent of all households purchase ice cream.
5) Children ages two through 12, and adults age 45 plus, eat the most ice cream per person.
6) More ice cream is sold on Sunday than any other day of the week.
7) The average number of licks to polish off a single scoop ice cream cone is approximately 50.
8) If you place an order of $5 or more at the Kim & Jason Lemonade Stand, you’ll get a free pint of premium ice cream. (While supplies last.)
(Sources: www.makeicecream.com and our shameless self promotion team.)