Kim & Jason Nation is a playful group of rebels who share a joyful, indomitable childlike spirit and are not afraid to let that spirit come out to play! They’re united by a common goal of fighting Adultitis and the doo-doo heads who embrace its ideals. Quite frankly, they’re pretty much the coolest people on the planet. Here’s one right now…
• My biggest dream…To sing for as many children and families as I can in my lifetime.
• My inspiration… the beauty and simplicity of sharing a song everyone knows and the instant joy it brings.
• When I was a kid, I… sang all the time, played most of the time, had a lot of friends on my street where I played the most. I am still very good friends with one of them 40 years later and she is the one I play the most with to this day!
• My favorite childhood toy was… The Sunshine Family because it encouraged me to make a bassinet out of a strawberry container, Play-Doh because I could make anything I wanted, and my Grandma would play with me and always make a tea cup!
• One way I stay childlike is… make goofy faces…when I sing, or when in the car to other drivers if they make eye contact (big “if”)! My standard answer for most everything I like is not “cool” or “sweet,” but “groovy.”
• What I know so far… I’m taking my time growing up, always keeping my pulse on the very young child and what makes them tick. No matter where we come from, no matter where we go, when we take a moment to share a song together, we share a life long bond that will never leave us. Even if the sound we make only lasts a moment, the memory we make lasts forever.
• My favorite things about “Kim & Jason” is… their ideas are simply brilliant for family fun. I provide family fun through concerts, now I’d like to add another dimension to the concerts by encouraging families to participate in the activities that Kim and Jason suggest. For instance, I may give away a CD and a pack of frisbees with “sporks” and napkins to suggest the winning family go out for frisbee dinner! (I will of course share where I got that idea from and encourage everyone I know to sign up on your website!) If I had children, I’d be doing these activities all the time. But because I don’t, I will still try these ideas with my hubby and dog and the unsuspecting cousin and kids every once in a while. Thank you for all that you do to make this world a happier place!!!
We saved a space just for YOU in Kim & Jason Nation — join the small rebellion and sign up to become a K&J Insider today!