Sushi looks so pretty. But it kind of grosses me out. (You know, the raw parts.) Someday I’m gonna have somebody who knows their sushi show me the ropes, tell me what’s good, and tie me down and force me to try it.
Until then, this PB&J Sushi recipe, compliments of Jif, will fit the bill nicely and allow me to practice my chopstick skills.
- 2 tablespoons Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 2 tablespoons Smucker’s® Strawberry Jelly, or any Smucker’s® Jam, Jelly or Preserves of your choice
- 2 slices bread
- REMOVE crusts from bread. With a rolling pin or large soup can, completely flatten bread.
- SPREAD 1 tablespoon peanut butter and 1 tablespoon fruit spread on each slice of bread
- ROLL each slice into a tight spiral. Cut each spiral into 4 pieces.
Lisa Warsinske says
Fun idea! You could use strawberry yogurt as a dip to challenge those chopstick skills.
Next time you are in Chicago, I’d be happy to “show you the ropes” about sushi! : ) I have my friends Mary (Tipperreiter) and Toni to thank for my sushi LOVE!!
Marci — Sounds like a plan!
Friends definitely make friends try sushi. I have friends to thank for my love of sushi as well.
You have given me hope that I might end up liking it…now I just need some friends who know their way around it :)