• Using mounds of discarded plastic sheeting, old tires, shingles, and tangles of electrical cable, Bordallo II carefully repositions everything before spray painting it to resemble animals and insects. Neat-o-riffic. (Hat tip to Christopher Jobson)
• Kim and I are always fighting the battle to get rid of STUFF. It’s a never-ending crusade against clutter. More and more we are huge proponents of this idea: Throw away everything that doesn’t make you feel happy. (via Chris Guillebeau)
• Did you know that kids aged 3-5 tend to think that birthday parties are the cause of aging? (So if you don’t want to get any older, just stop having parties.) Here’s more: When Do Kids Realize They’re Going to Grow Up? by Melissa Dahl.
• We are in the middle of an educational revolution. This interesting article, 10 Things That Will Surprise You If You Put Kids In Charge, by Jeff Sandefer, has some pretty interesting points: The more adults in the room, the less learning occurs…In the 21st Century, ‘Learning to Do’ and ‘Learning to Be’ are ten times more important than ‘Learning to Know’…If you are a traditional educator, no matter how much you love children, your days are numbered and will be more stressful and less fun tomorrow than today.
Finally, some posts from around here you may have missed:
• How to increase your odds of saying today was a good day
• 10 Recipes that use leftover halloween candy