The first Escape Lab is almost halfway done, and I am blown away by the response so far. When Kim and I brainstormed this late last year, we thought we might be on to something special, but you just never know. Well, this has exceeded all expectations!
Last night we took a first step at Escape Lab LIVE, which is basically a party on Facebook in real time. Through our special members-only group, we took questions, posted some of our own, and gave out door prizes. The discussion was fast and lively, with topics ranging from figuring out our superhero names and sharing our favorite black & white TV shows, to deeper fare like how to take the Adultitis out of homework time with kids and tips for finding more “me” time. The hour went by in a flash, and we can’t wait for the next one!
Here are a few more highlights thus far…
1) The Treasure Box, for sure. People have reported that they’re STILL finding things they didn’t realize were in there. (Here’s a behind scenes look, in case you missed it.)
2) Opening the first secret envelope, which included special plastic for making Shrinky Dinks!
4) A challenge to step out of our culinary comfort zones by trying something new. Foods that have been sampled for the first time so far include: honey, Bean Boozled jelly beans, brussels sprouts, tangelos, calamari, pork tacos, sushi, and even dog biscuits!
5) Seeing people share some honest stuff on some really challenging life balance topics, and then having fellow Escape Artists respond with heartfelt support and encouragement. So great!
6) Another interview with the brilliant Neen James that yielded some crazy useful productivity tips to start the new year.
7) The neat things people are doing with a single packet of Kool-Aid, which was in the second secret envelope, including this amazing little stop-motion video that was created by Jason Love:
Obviously, we’re having a blast with Escape Lab. More importantly, people are making some big changes for the better and having fun in the process. I’m not sure when the next one will be, but if you want to the first to hear about it, make sure you’re an Escape Adulthood Insider!