Well, tomorrow is Thanksgiving and I’m getting ready to check out for the long weekend. Kim and I are heading home to Illinois. We’ll spend Thanksgiving Day at her mom and dad’s place, and celebrate turkey day on Friday with my family. That’s right, one trip home, two Thanksgiving dinners. Be still, my frightened bathroom scale.
Anyway, if you listened to our recent podcast, you probably heard some of our ideas on how to put the “thanks” in Thanksgiving. I am grateful for my friends and family, my health, my faith, the opportunity to do what I love, and my beautiful wife. The big things like this are pretty obvious, but still easy to take for granted.
Since it is Thanksgiving eve and I preach a lot about the importance of little things, I’ve decided to put together a list of 8 little things I’m thankful for.
- Free chips and salsa at Mexican restaurants.
- Being the first one in my fantasy football league to beat the undefeated team.
- The irresistible cuteness of my niece (and goddaughter) trying to say “cheese.”
- Big “movie snow” snowflakes.
- The hilarity that is The Office.
- That my Chicago Bears are 7-3.
- Cruise control.
That’s it. 8 little things I’m thankful for right now. What are yours?