Christina over at Writer Mama challenged me the other day to reveal “Eight Random Things About Me.” Since I did a similar post a few months ago after Phil’s request, I decided to take a different slant on this. I’ve tweaked it to be “Eight Random Things About Me In Eight Years.”
Last month I talked about the importance of life lists and the power in writing down your goals. In that vain, I have decided to reveal the list I will write eight years from today, Aug. 16, 2015. I will be 37 years young. Essentially, I’m “calling my shot.” Here goes…
1. I love being a mom! Our kids bring me more joy than I could’ve ever imagined.
2. I am an author and have also enjoyed co-authoring a number of books with Jason.
3. I love our travels and have had a blast traveling to all 50 states to speak about Adultitis and the importance to Escaping Adulthood. I am excited to be traveling internationally with my family to spread this important message.
4. I love our home (our oasis) on the lake. It’s a place of retreat and rest for all who visit.
5. I am a leading advocate for children and children’s issues in the public sector. Children are getting back their childhoods.
6. My perspective on life was challenged when I traveled to Ethiopia to meet Hailemariam.
7. I still feel like I’m 21. I am young at heart. I’m physically fit, healthy and optimistic. Life is good!
8. I wake up everyday challenged and energized to continue to push myself out of the deadly comfort zone, becoming all that God wants me to be.
Check back in eight years, and I’ll let you know where I’m at with this list.
When’s the last time you called your shot? I’ve mention about the power of writing down your goals, well, there’s also something big that happens when you say them out loud to those you care about.
I challenge these eight ladies to give it a try next…and you too! Leave a comment and tell me something about yourself in eight years.
[tags] Writer Mama, Christina Katz, life lists, Eight Random Things About Me, Meredith Mathews, Donna Cutting, Ainsley’s Mom, 5 Miuntes For Mom, Jenna Regis, The Joy Box, Lindsey Cox, Wendy Piersall, Phil Gerbyshak[/tags]