Since the last day for our 12 Days of Wishmas was on a Wednesday, we decided to imitate our online store by providing gift wrap.
Especially this time of year, people are so excited to get their gifts wrapped for them. One less thing on the to-do list. (I have to say that I do love our wrapping paper!)
Since there are only three wrapping days left, here are 5 tips to help it go smoothly, without inducing a nasty case of Adultitis.
1. Establish a Wrapping Station. Keep the mess localized. A card table works well, enabling you to move it around to the best location at the time (living room in front of the TV, bedroom, etc.)
2. Batch the Tasks. Do a bunch at a time and limit interruptions as much as possible.
3. Call a Friend. (A good opportunity for a hands-free phone.) Chatting it up will make the time go much faster.
4. Use “Good” Paper. The cheap dollar store stuff rips much easier and will be more difficult to use. Get a heavier stock paper.
5. Watch a Classic. Put a classic Christmas movie on in the background. (Suggestions: Christmas Story, Christmas Vacation, The Grinch Who Stole Christmas) Laughing always makes chores more palatable.
(If you missed Day 11, check it out here.)
[tags]wrapping, Christmas, Iota, 12 Days of Wishmas[/tags]
Lisa Braithwaite says
Thanks for the tip about setting up a card table. I never even thought of that!
Here’s another tip for making wrapping easier, especially for odd-shaped or odd-sized gifts.
I save shopping bags throughout the year (the cute sturdy ones with handles) that don’t have a big logo design or too much text on them.
I cut up saved Christmas cards from previous years and glue them onto the fronts of the bags, covering up logos or text, and presto! Gift bags!