• My friend Sara pointed me to this awesome tutorial about making a cornasaurus, which is “a dinosaur that inhabits dinner plates around the world and loves to watch kids eat their veggies.” Fun! (via @PagingFunMums)
• My favorite part of Mr. Rogers’ Neighborhood was when he’d take tours of different factories to show how things were made. That’s why I’m a sucker for videos like this one about ramen noodles.
• I’ve always thought it would be cool to kayak next to a big whale. This video shows a few people getting as close as you can get. Literally.
• LOVE this passage from a commencement address by Jim Carrey, especially the part I bolded:
So many of us chose our path out of fear disguised as practicality. What we really want seems impossibly out of reach and ridiculous to expect so we never dare to ask the universe for it. I’m saying: I’m the proof that you can ask the universe for it.
My father could have been a great comedian but he didn’t believe that was possible for him. So he made a conservative choice. Instead, he got a safe job as an accountant and when I was 12 years old, he was let go from that safe job and our family had to do whatever we could to survive.
I learned many great lessons from my father. Not the least of which was that you can fail at what you don’t want, so you might as well take a chance on doing what you love.
• Good to know: this is how you make selfie toast.
Finally, some posts from around here you may have missed: