• My friend Lizzy sent me a link to 30 magical photos of children playing around the world. I love it. It reminds me that childhood — and the joy, passion, and curiosity that comes with it — is truly a universal thing.
• A co-worker asked a guy to watch her plant for four days while she was out. He gave the plant what I’m sure was the time of its life.
• I am an Gen Xer. I learned recently that my generation is dwarfed in size by the Boomers who came before me and the Millenials who arrived after me. I am so happy that Kevin Bacon is willing to educate the young whippersnappers about what will probably go down as the best (and hardest) decades ever.
• Kim suggested that Ben would probably enjoy getting a drum set for Christmas. Then we both laughed at the thought of us actually buying something like that on purpose. But alas, he is homeschooled, and so it is only a matter of time before he finally realizes that we already have a perfectly good percussion device in our home, as this kid brilliantly demonstrates. (Hat tip to Amy Lynn Andrews)
Finally, some posts from around here you may have missed:
• I am not a natural born rule breaker
• Escape Lab is here!