With summer winding down, most kids are either back in school or soon will be. (I have to admit, not having to go to school is one of my favorite things about being an adult.) As school begins, stress levels mount — for children and their parents — leaving the door wide open for Adultitis. We collected a number of articles from our archives that will help you cope with the increase in busyness and give you some things to think about as the new school year kicks off.
- 4 Ways to Prevent Back-to-School Blues | A post about making the transition back to school a bit more palatable.
- The Root of the Problem | A post on how to REALLY help kids deal with stress.
- Ignore What Mom Said | A post challenging the conventional advice you received from Mom and your teachers.
- Do You Suffer From Sunday Night Dread? | A post about the icky feeling you get on Sunday nights during the school year (and what to do about it).
- 5 Ways to Prevent a Stressful School Year | A post about exactly what the title says.
- Yep, Tag is Way Too Dangerous | A post on the largely unknown dangers of a classic childhood game.
- The Price of Losing Free Play | A post about the bad things that happen when we don’t let kids have time to play.
If this whole talk about going back to school makes you feel a little nostalgic, check out this “Old School” hopscotch t-shirt and some other fun apparel that pays tribute to your favorite schoolyard games. Red Rover, anyone?