Greetings and salutations!
We are Kim and Jason: best friends, husband and wife, parents of three kids, entrepreneurs, authors, retro t-shirt wearers, and partners in crime on a crusade to annihilate Adultitis in ourselves and the world! Kim is a former kindergarten teacher and noodle junkie. Jason is an artist, professional speaker, and cereal aficionado.
We are also a homeschooling family. We never thought we would be. We just never thought much about it, frankly. But somehow, homeschooling found us, and it fits us. We love it.
It makes sense, what with freedom being such an important value of ours, not to mention the fact that our company is all about breaking rules that don’t exist.
We are inundated with tons of these so-called “rules.” Not speed limits and tax laws, but the seemingly invisible norms, assumptions, and superstitions that we follow (often subconsciously) and which drive our lives. There is no shortage in the realm of education, which is ultimately why we homeschool.
If you homeschool, or are thinking about it, you’ll feel right at home here. We’ve gathered some posts we thought you might find interesting, but we also invite you to explore our entire site. Learn more about why we do what we do. Peruse our tools for fighting Adultitis. Check out Jason’s whimsical and inspiring art. And plug in to our community of amazing Escape Artists.
- 6 Rules That Don’t Exist That Will Surprise Most Parents
- The Complete Guide to Raising Your Kids to Be Rulebreakers Without Ruining Their Lives (Or Yours)
- That Time I Slimed Adultitis
- What I Learned From Driving 2,300 Miles with My Kids
- Lucy’s First Day of School
- Why You Should Totally Be a Hoarder
- Traveling with Kids is a Drag (and Other Thoughts from My First Daddy Daughter Business Trip)
- Thou Shalt Be Excited When School’s Out for the Summer
- Pardon the Mess
- The Biggest Regret of Parenthood (and How to Avoid It)
- Ben’s Purple Mustache
- Thou Shalt Determine a Thing’s Importance by How Easily it Can Be Measured
- Why Homeschooling Is For Us
make your escape!
Join our small rebellion of freedom fighters by signing up for our free weekly dispatch filled with tips and inspiration for turning your life into a thrilling work of art.
Enter your email to enlist!